Welcome to "Pass the Blog!" 2015, our local contribution to Connected Educator Month.
1. What school do you go to?Mokoia Intermediate is a Year 7 and 8 school in the eastern suburbs of Rotorua. It takes its name
I am the Deputy Principal, with responsibility for curriculum and assessment. I have special interests in eLearning.
2. What is something special about your school?
We have a superb kapa haka group and rock band.
We have a camp every year in Term 1. It lasts for a whole week. One year each syndicate goes to the camp at Thornton Beach, near Whakatane. The next year, they are under canvas on the edge of Lake Rotoma. The camps are great for team building and leadership.
3. What is something you have enjoyed learning about this year?
didn't really realise how different things were in New Zealand in the early 1900s.
Every class got the opportunity to go to the museum. We are really lucky in Rotorua because our museum is fabulous. Education programmes are tailored to our area and free. The teachers are amazing! We also get a free bus trip to go.
4. What do you most like about living in Rotorua?
5. What do you most like doing on your computers/iPads/devices at school to help your learning?I love blogging! It's a great way to share ideas and communicate with a real audience. I have my own blog and so do lots of classes and students at Mokoia Intermediate.
6. Is there anything else you'd like to share about yourself, your learning, your class or your school?I get excited when our students become the teachers. It's great to see students who are experts at coding, speaking or their sport. I love teaching because I love learning.
(All images are posted under a Creative Commons licence.)